Do you know your favorite PC media player or VLC can also convert FLV files to MP4 format? Surprised! Well, yes, it is possible to do. Downloading videos from streaming sites like YouTube most of YouTube Downloader download it as FLV form. FLV is a popular format that also known as Flash Video player. This format used to deliver digital video content over the Internet using Adobe Flash Player. Yes, offline this video file format can be played but not much of the media players natively supporting it. If you have some of the FLV files then there is a chance to face some trouble. Most of the Smartphone native video player doesn’t support this format.
Yes, there is a lot of video converter to download and can change the format of the FLV files. But if most of the premium video converter for PC cost a lot. Whereas free version is useless with limited features. You can download crack version of best video converter for your PC but again it is not good for your PC and user policy. VLC media player is an open-source, portable, cross-platform free media player and streaming media server developed by the VideoLAN project. It also doubles as an FLV to MP4 converter. Today, in this article we will let you know how to Convert YouTube Videos to MP4 With VLC Media Player because it is always better to try converting files format without downloading and installing another CONVERTER APPLICATION in your system.
How to Convert YouTube Videos to MP4 With VLC Media Player?
VLC is a very common name among the Windows PC users. It can play almost any format video files and audio files. Using this media player, you can also stream online videos on the go. The video player is free to download and available for most existing operating systems including Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. It is most popular among the Windows PC users and having a Windows PC, you might be using this awesome software.
Till now, you may not know that you can convert YouTube videos to MP4 using VLC Media Player. Well, there would a time when you need use an offline FLV file and because of playback issue need to be converted. Or if you already facing the same problem here you can acknowledge HOW. Beside a Media Player application also double it as a converter and forget about other FLV converters for PC.
Convert FLV to MP4 using VLC
If your system doesn’t have this awesome Media Player then we suggest you to download the application first. As we already informed you, it is completely free to download for all platforms. Being free open source media player still, there are no ads at all. So, proceed to download this software on your PC, if you are not enjoying this media player already.
Click Here To Download VLC Media Player.
After downloading the application, install VLC setup file. The installation is same as usual installation. After installing the application follow the below given steps.
Please Note: To convert YouTube video or FLV files to popular MP4 format using VLC media player, you will need the PC version only. You can’t do the same with other platforms’ VLC version. Therefore, we are sharing the FLV to MP4 conversion procedure using VLC Windows PC version.
Steps to be followed:
- Open VLC Media Player, which you just installed. On Top-Left corner, you can see Media menu, select the option.
- The very first option is Open File…, again choose this option. Or this action can be done directly using VLC shortcut keys. Press [CTRL] + [SHIFT] at the same time and followed by [O] key.
- Now go to the FLV file directory or navigate to the folder you FLV files are stored. Select your desired YouTube Video or FLV video that you wish to convert. After choosing FLV video click on the Open button.
- Play the video and again click on the Media menu on Top-Left Screen. In below you can see Convert / Save in the menu list. Shortcut Key for this action is [Ctrl + R].
- Immediately you can see Window for media convert. Simply click on the Convert / Save button located at the Down-Right corner FLV video to new MP4 video file can be created using VLC Media Player.
- One step more after Convert / Save, you can see another window. Tap on the Browse button to choose a directory for the new creating MP4 video file.
- Now choose the desired folder destination for a newly creating FLV to MP4 with VLC Player, type a name for your new video and click Save button. And your convert YouTube Video to MP4 with VLC Media Player process is done.
So, in this way, you can convert a YouTube video to MP4 using VLC Media Player. It is really simple and not time-consuming. Instead of looking for the best converter to do the same on your Windows PC, we suggest you doing above shown video convert method using your favorite video player or VLC. Hope, this solution should help you a lot, as MP4 has become the universal video format for this generation. It compatible with all devices. So, from now, if any of your favorite FLV videos are not playing on your device and video player then convert it to MP4 easily with VLC Media Player.